Telling Your Story: Exploring the Magic of Memoir
A 6-Week Online Memoir Writing Class
Join New York Times Best-Selling authors, Tembi Locke (From Scratch), Kelle Hampton (Bloom) and Claire Bidwell Smith (The Rules of Inheritance, After This: When Life Is Over Where Do We Go?, and Anxiety: The Missing Stage of Grief) for a live 6-week, online course on memoir-writing for individuals of all levels.
This focus has been the cornerstone of Tembi, Kelle and Claire’s work and they created this 6-week course to share what they have learned through writing and publishing. The goal is to help you jumpstart, further or complete your own projects. This course is for beginners and more experienced writers.
You can be brand new to writing or ready to finish and publish a book. We will cover the full spectrum of what it means to dive in and explore your story, in a safe, compassionate, and nurturing environment. We will cover everything from structure and narrative to the publishing industry and how to find an agent.
Topics covered during the course:
- What makes up a memoir, and how do you begin to carve out your story?
- Enriching and unearthing memory
- Harnessing language and structure
- Writing about the people in your life (today and those who have transitioned)
- Taking care of yourself while writing, setting a writing routine, inspiration to see your book through, and staying motivated.
- Road to Publishing (ins and outs of taking your work out into the world) and building a platform.
This 6-week course runs from
June 10th - July 15th!
During the course you will receive:
- Six, 1-hour live teaching calls with Tembi, Kelle and Claire on Wednesday mornings, 8am PST/ 11am EST (replay recording will be provided)
- Live Q&A opportunity at the end of each call—you’ll have the chance to speak with Claire, Tembi and Kelle one-on-one
- NEW! Private Student Mighty Networks Community (Similar to Facebook but without the distractions!)
- Weekly assignments that align with the topics covered during the Wednesday calls to propel your writing project forward
- Mid-week check-in discussion posts to help you stay on track and connect with your fellow students
- Private Online Classroom with discussion space, call replays, and course materials
Here's what our past students are saying about the course...
"Tembi and Claire's memoir writing class was exactly what I needed to start to streamline my ideas for my own memoir. Their practical advice and sage wisdom throughout the course was invaluable. I looked forward to every Saturday morning with these lovely ladies, as well as the amazing guest authors which we were also so fortunate to hear from. I can't wait for my next course with Tembi and Claire."
"Take this course. There are many, many Writing Classes out there, but this one is unique, insightful, and above all empowering. Authors Tembi Locke and Claire Bidwell Smith share their stories, their journeys, the tricks they use themselves to get their words out onto the page, and so much more. "There is room for everyone's Story on the Bookshelf" they affirm. Sign. Up. Now."
"I highly recommend this course. Claire and Tembi have incredible chemistry and are so knowledgeable on this topic. The homework assignments are so fun I usually couldn't wait to get to them. All around, a fabulous course."
"Claire and Tembi's class is a wonderful course for writers of all levels to dive into the world of exploring and writing about their grief. Every week, I looked forward to my early Saturday mornings when I would listen in to the call and get to hear about the experiences of two brilliant writers. This course was a reminder that all our of stories deserve to be told and there's room enough in this world for all of them. Thank you!"